How do you reach out to customers? Use an outbound call center
What is an outbound call center?
An outbound call center helps businesses make calls to clients or prospects on behalf of their business. Outbound call agents can call for a variety of reasons like customer support, sales, fundraising, and survey research. They're different from inbound call centers, which focus only on receiving calls. Outbound call centers are usually enabled by cloud-based software and designed to help businesses actively engage with customers.
Zendesk has out-of-the-box integrations with leading industry solutions, so organizations can easily deliver proactive support or drive new business from sales from their call center. They can use the same platform they use to manage their other communication channels.
Take a different approach
- Proactive support: Practice strong customer support through a call center by having agents reach out before there is a problem.
- Research: Sometimes the best way to learn what a customer wants is to ask. Doing this via an outbound call center will allow them to speak with an actual person instead of responding to an email. This leads to a more thorough conversation and more information for both sides.
- Renewals or expansion: When it comes time to renew, a phone call can be a great way to check in and have a genuine conversation. The same goes for an outbound effort to offer a current customer a new sales opportunity and expand on their previous purchase.
Do it the right way
- Have a reason to get in touch. If an agent is providing proactive support, make sure it's a conversation that should be handled over the phone. If it's a question with a simple answer, that can be handle by email. A chat about sales or expansion better be worth a live conversation—or you risk rubbing customers the wrong way.
- Use call management. Make sure you're getting in touch with the right people at the right time. To do this, use a predictive dialer or auto dialer, both of which lower costs and increase efficiency.
- Track metrics. Stay on top of the success of your efforts. Keep track of whether you’re alienating more callers than helping, how much income your team is generating through sales calls, or if you customers prefer a call over other channels. Tracking these metrics will improve the efforts of your call center.
- Team up with outbound. Using an outbound call center will integrate all your current workflows and systems into a single location—allowing you to track and maximize every call.
La bonne solution pour votre entreprise
Step in the right direction
Zendesk helps outbound call centers make the most of every single customer call whether it’s for support or sales. With out-of-the-box integrations with leading telephone solutions, organizations can easily deliver proactive support, and drive new business from the same platform they use to manage their other support channels.Commencez
Before you go
Get additional information on how your team can provide better support over the phone and more about proactive support.