Senior Software Engineer, GrowthWe are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Customer Acquisition Growth team at Zendesk. The team is responsible for the overall growth strategy of the Zendesk Suite including but not limited to streamlining the trial / onboarding / checkout experiences, and decreasing churn. Our team works closely with Marketing, Billing and product-specific growth teams to deliver impactful projects. We strive to make data-informed decisions which drive business metrics and have fun while we’re at it!
What you get to do:
- Participate in crafting experiments and projects that simplify, unify, and improve the trial / onboarding / checkout experiences.
- Work full-stack across a Ruby on Rails backend and React/Ember.js frontend writing and reviewing code, adding automated tests, and launching new services.
- Opportunities to self-start on priorities that you think could be impactful to customer growth and success.
- Take ownership of code in our domain to make it more scalable, reusable, and maintainable.
- Be an active participant in the team process and culture. Think critically and provide feedback to improve the team.
- Celebrate our wins when we hit a goal or ship something awesome.
- Work closely with engineers across Zendesk with frequent opportunities to travel to San Francisco.
- Mentor and guide junior team members by reviewing their code submissions, code pairing, and being a sounding board.
What you bring to the team:
- You are always looking for ways to help others, whether it’s onboarding new members, decomposing work for others, helping drive code reviews to completion, or coming up with ways to improve the team process.
- You are a good advocate for your team and the customer, taking cues from other engineers, Product Management, and Product Design as appropriate.
- You are able to lead a project to completion whether by breaking down the project, driving technical decisions and execution, or coordinating work with teammates.
- You can reliably resolve operational issues with your service or feature area and you seek to improve the areas in which you work, making them more performant and/or scalable.
- You use code reviews as an opportunity to learn new techniques or more about your craft, resisting the urge to defend your code when appropriate, and treating notes or criticisms as stepping stones to being a better software engineer.
Nice to have:
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
- Experiencing working on a growth team specifically.
- Experience designing experiments and/or interpreting results.
- Experience with growth tools such as Heap and Optimizely.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks and methodologies (React 16+, Redux, Typescript, GraphQL, Ember.js).
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (or similar).Experience with relational databases and SQL (preferably MySQL).
Engineering & Product