Gartner: Why You Need To Rethink Your Customer Self-Service Strategy
Last updated July 9, 2015
Regardless of the industry, businesses everywhere are investing in customer self-service options to improve the customer service experience. In fact, according to a March 2015 report from Gartner, two-thirds of customer service interactions will not require the support of a human intermediary by the year 2017. As more and more businesses embrace self-service, research is beginning to show what works and what doesn’t for ensuring customer self-service satisfaction.
In the report, Why You Need To Rethink Your Customer Self-Service Strategy*, Gartner reveals its findings on how a strong self-service strategy can reduce operational costs, drive personalized customer experiences, and increase engagement. Among the many insights about self-service, you’ll learn why:
- A customer self-service strategy should be part of a larger, holistic strategy
- Self-service capabilities should be cross-channel
- Information across all self-service engagements should be consistent and relevant
- Self-service should take into account customer data insights for proactive support
- Mobile self-service should be considered in any customer self-service strategy
Take your self-service strategy to the next level with a complimentary copy of the Gartner report Why You Need To Rethink Your Customer Self-Service Strategy.
The full report is no longer available for complimentary download. Read more about this and other Gartner research on the Gartner website.
*Gartner, Why You Need to Rethink Your Customer Self-Service Strategy, B. Manusama, 17 March 2015