Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Messenger, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, WeChat—we have a seemingly ceaseless number of ways to communicate. The same sea of options applies to how customers contact brands. Support channels have support channels these days, and while that can feel overwhelming, it’s actually great for your business. Customers want to be able to reach your brand on the channel that’s most convenient for them.
According to Forrester, “95% of consumers use three or more channels in a single customer service interaction, with 62% of them crossing devices.” With pressure to offer every channel, and be good at the support your business offers via those channels, costs can quickly rise.
To stay ahead of increased contact volume in digital channels with minimal costs, Forrester explains how to be economical in your support approach and how to re-evaluate your customer service strategy with these 5 steps in their report, Engagement Costs Continue To Rise Even With Digital: Here’s How To Fight It:
- Make the right channels available at the right time
- Digitize established processes
- Implement innovative labor models to increase business agility
- Intelligently automate every possible manual process
- Infuse AI into your workflows and business processes